Moon School of Music also offers private online lessons and group classes in piano, voice, violin, cello, guitar, and drums.
Our online music education program allows students to take music lessons remotely. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced, our weekly online instruction will help you reach your goal at the comfort of your home using Zoom.
Zoom is currently is used by music universities such as Berklee College of Music, The Juilliard School, and New England Conservatory.
FOR THE BEST ONLINE LESSON EXPERIENCE, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU TAKE THE FOLLOWING STEPS BEFORE YOU LESONS.
- We require students to have a speed above 40 MBPS. Having a stable connection is extremely important for music lessons as delays and latency interfere with our ability to assess the student’s progress appropriately and identify areas of improvement. To ensure that all online lesson students have a stable connection to carry on music learning, we’ll ask you to submit a speedtest of your connection. You can visit www.speedtest.net.
- Make sure you have a tablet, laptop, or smartphone with camera and video capability.
- We ask that you purchase a separate microphone that can be attached to your device. The default microphone on devices is not sensitive enough to pick up the sound properly, and thus tonality is easily lost.
- Test the video and sound capability of your device.
- Set up the camera. Please adjust the camera so that the student’s whole body/instrument can be seen. For piano students, the camera should be set up to give a side view of the student seated at the piano so the teacher can see the students full arm and hand.
- All lesson books and materials should be ready, as well as a writing utensil (metronome too!).
- Please prepare the room to be well lit and as quiet and interruption-free (pets, siblings, etc.).
ONLINE LESSON FAQ
We use Zoom for all of our online music lessons. Once you register, you will be sent a secure Zoom link to your teacher’s virtual classroom. At the time of your lesson, you can simply click on your link and connect. To ensure that you have the best lesson experience, please be sure to read the online lesson guideline.
Your lessons will be personal and tailored to you or your child’s individual learning style and pace. As you work with a live instructor, you will receive feedback in the moment about your progress with the music selected specifically for you!
For best results, we recommend that you download the Zoom app onto your computer, tablet/ipad, phone. If you are using a laptop or a desktop computer, you can run Zoom on your internet browser without downloading the app.
For young beginners, we encourage parents to be present for at least the first couple of lessons to help facilitate the lesson.
Online lessons follow same makeup policy for in-person lessons. Our policy for makeup lessons is that we must be notified by 11:00AM on the day of the lesson for weekday students and 7:00PM on Friday for Saturday students.